10.18.2012

Happy Fall Ya'll!


  We have been enjoying some Fall-ish days here in Georgia and I have been taking full advantage. Some of the leaves in our backyard are beginning to change and I could sit at my kitchen table and just watch the season change all day!
    I did finally do a little decorating for the season-- so here's a shot of our Fireplace:

The "Give Thanks" banner I found at TJ Maxx 2 years ago and I love it!
I bought a yard and a half of burlap from Hobby Lobby and I know I will use it in Christmas Decor too. I am loving burlap right now-- (I know everyone and their mother is too, if Pinterest is any indication!) 

Speaking of Pinterest, Lucy and I did this Fall craft idea because I wanted to include a canvas art project of hers as part of our decor. She loves to decorate as much as I do!

Also, from Pinterest, I got the idea to stick chip board letters in a pumpkin with straight pins and it worked like a charm! Below you see the finished project-- I tied a little ribbon to the top because it looked a little empty-- but now that I know it really works, I will build on the idea next year! We also did a traditional Orange Pumpkin for our front porch with painted polka dots and our name-- I'll have to snap a photo of that as well! I did learn that bigger letters are better, as mine were a bit small-- but I was working with a one hour "Mommy Break" while Lance was watching the girls, so I made do. :)

Such an important reminder. I have loved seeing this throughout the day and "checking myself."


A few Fall Firsts: Lucy got her first ever haircut!!!!! She did great. Also Abby attended her first ever Dodge County Indians Football Game (Her Daddy's High School Alma Mater!) She loved the Marching Band the best--as does Lucy.

                                                       
I hope you are enjoying your Fall as much as we are! I have big plans to share a few more things soon-- next on the list: a Recipe for a quick and easy (Homemade) Herb Bread! You don't even need a mixer to make it! Woohoo!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love your posts...please share more often! Mantel looks so sweet and the girls are growing up so fast. My, how time flies! Enjoy your Georgia Fall.

Tara said...

Beautiful mantle!!!! Happy fall!