3.26.2010

Keeping it Clean at the Stuckey House!


 Lovely Kelly is hosting Show us Your Life Friday on Cleaning Tips! 

I have to admit that I am easily won over by the cleaning and organizing sections of Target... I love the prospect of a fresh, clean home. Even more now that Lu is on the move.  
Though the actual getting it done... that takes some extra discipline for sure! 

    1. The best piece of information I have been given regarding being a working wife and mom is  
"Never underestimate the power of 15 minutes." 
My best friend told me that when I was pregnant with Lucy and having one of those days. 
I have found it to be true.
      Taking just 10 or 15 minutes before you go to bed, or even first thing in the morning is a lifesaver when you find yourself short on time and long on... well, dirt. I have really tried to remember this and put it into practice and it really seems to be helping me and my home!


      2. I LOVE Lysol All-Purpose Cleaner in Lemon! I bought a big thing of it from BJ's and I use it for so many things. I invested in a few empty spray bottles and made my own slightly diluted cleaning solution. I'm sure you can do this with vinegar and water.. but I love the lemon scent and it feels like everything is so much more clean!


     3. We use Scotchbrite Sponges in our kitchen (no dishwasher. boo!) and since we have to trade them out every week or two, I save them under the sink and then use them to clean the bathrooms. They scrub the tile really well and we feel like we get double duty out of them!




 When I feel I am out of fresh cleaning advice, I check out REAL SIMPLE.COM for tips and hints. They have an entire cleaning section and a featured spot removal guide for things really get messy!




P.S. I dare not mention cleaning or cleaning products without publicly praising my wonderful Husband for all that He does around the house during this season in our life and marriage. Regardless of the fact that I often get frustrated that He is the one doing all the things I feel are "my job" He is SUCH a big help and I am most GRATEFUL for the blessing he is!

2 comments:

Beth McC. said...

I love Real Simple too!! I even broke down and got the magazine! I love your blog its too cute!

Jason and Kathleen said...

I have never heard the "15 minute" saying. I am going to store that one away in my head!